- Has distinct contrasting qualities to their character – Differing personality traits – He cuts up bodies but then feels guilt about it – “So deeply was I engrossed in my occupation… my work drew near to a close, and now everyday showed me more painfully how well i had succeeded. But my enthusiasm was checked by my anxiety.
- Usually of a high social rank or holds a position of power – He’s a male, has a higher social rank than females for the time period – He travels around the world and owns a villa. Middle class – “When my father returned from Milan, he found playing with me in the hall of villa.”
- Often surrounded by devics that foreshadow something negative –
- Driven by strong emotions rather than reason or logic –
- Generally secretive or surrounded by an air of mystery –
- Has a need to know or curious nature –